IHP Pro & IHP Business
As the time needed for developing and maintaining IHP is growing we’ve been looking for solutions to enable digitally induced to focus on IHP in a more sustainable way. It often happens that open source projects are getting abandoned because the authors no longer have time and resources to keep up with it. As the ecosystem is growing, we want to ensure that this is not happening to IHP.
We’ve found that the best solution is to introduce a paid version of IHP targeted at developers working with IHP in a professional context. When we make a great framework that creates a lot of value for developers, we will have a lot of paying customers. When we have a lot of paying customers, we can be sure that IHP will be actively developed far into the future.
In the open source ecosystems it’s a common expectation that when you want to have a new feature, you need to write it yourself. Or you’re asking the maintainer to spend his free time on implementing the feature. With the new paid version, these roles change a bit: When you’re a customer, you can expect the feature requests to be put on the roadmap, no need to rely on someone’s free time for doing that.
With bugs we have the same story. Instead of just a GitHub issue, it’s now a customer bug. You can expect the bugs to be fixed with the next release. With open source software, you cannot have any expectations as the maintainer is free to do whatever he wants.
IHP will have three editions:
- Basic: IHP as we know it right now
- For production-ready project’s that are just starting out
- If you’re working with IHP in a professional context, you likely want to upgrade to the IHP Pro version. This way you get features you likely need in production, can vote on the roadmap and reach us for support. It’s still a steal compared to how much time it will save you and your team.
- Having IHP Pro also benefits the community by ensuring that IHP itself will remain well supported for the foreseeable future
- IHP Pro will be free for students and open source projects
- We know that IHP is incredibly valuable for commercial software development. We’ve priced to reflect that.
- The business plan also helps to offer the professional plan at a lower price, so that there’s a low barrier to get started with IHP.
Here’s the big plan in a short form:
- Introduce an IHP Pro subscription
- Use the funding by our new customers to make IHP & the ecosystem a lot better
- Become the well-known best framework for building web applications
Follow the steps on the IHP Website to install IHP Pro.
Next Steps After Switching to IHP Pro
Welcome to IHP Pro :-)
We recommend you try out these features after upgrading to pro: